Tuesday, August 28, 2007

It's Over...

After sleeping all day on a couple of different AirBus A-320's and dragging my tired self through the airport in Lima, I wake up and find myself in San Jose, Costa Rica. Never been here before, never even wanted to but am now stoked to be here even though its 'the rainy season'. It's a hell of a lot warmer than BsAs. I'm back on the road and this is about the exact opposite of the big city life of Buenos Aires.

The joy of traveling... my plane ticket today was actually for tomorrow but I showed up a day early with too many overweight bags with most of my worldly possessions in them. Can't believe I broke THE cardinal rule on traveling light... why do I have that damn Photoshop Camera RAW book in my bags that weighs like 2.5 kilos?!

My salida from Buenos Aires was so hectic and haphazard that I had no idea what really went down. Well, I do remember I went to the Boca Juniors game yesterday with Luis and his two sons Pablo and Martin in the freezing cold rain for one last blue and gold victory. Of course, how could I forget my final bife de lomo steak at Desnivel San Telmo? Oh... was shooting at Palacio Alsina nightclub (on the gayest night of the week, literally) at 1:30am, 4 hours before my flight left was scheduled to leave had I chosen the correct day to fly.

Chau for now Buenos Aires, don't cry for me too much Argentina and lots of hugs and kisses to mi familia porteƱa which I will miss dearly... for now. And an extra special thanks to Tommy for all of his hard work, patience and diligence on this past assignment. The good news is that its never to late to teach and old dog new tricks in this digital age we live.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

holy camoly guacamole! i didn't realize the usa was so close to hosting the most illustrious Sir Greg Roden once again. woohoo! happy days are here again!! xo meimei aka small foot