Friday, August 10, 2007

Home Sweet Home

11:30am - The RG job is close to being finished. I have more than 80% of the requested photos in the bag and have some pickup shots to do over the next few weeks. Also need to improve on any shots that can be improved on. The only feedback I got from the editor thus far is “they’re great”. I was looking for something a bit more constructive, or critical. Honestly I don’t believe this is my best work and it was an important assignment for me, something I stressed over up until even today and will continue to do so until after the final deadline I suppose. It’s the middle of winter, freezing cold. Everyone in the pictures looks like they’re freezing cold. I've got a couple of more weeks to catch a few more pictures. Sounds easy, go outside and take pictures, I know. People say it all the time, go out and take some good pictures. For some, maybe its easy. For me its hard, like most things. I tend to complicate things for myself, and for others.

Now I’m sitting up in my new pad in Palermo, on my brand new bed, waiting for the next bathroom break. Something went wrong with the food intake program the other day and I awoke in the middle of the night to violent vomiting and now just severe diarrhea. Haven’t eaten in two days and barely made it down Avenida Cordoba to the farmacia to get some pills. Who knows if they’ll do any good but its times like these when you don’t think twice about western medicine and is immediate effects. I also got a couple of bottles of drinkable yogurt. That’s what Stett taught me on our Mexico grunge trip back in ’95, back when we had no money and things were simple, "it's the live cultures that help kill the nasty unwanted bacteria," he proclaimed.

5pm – Back from the closest café with WiFi and my stomach and all connecting tubes is still making some fierce noises – bubble, bubble, toil and trouble. I bought some pills at the farmacia earlier. ‘Te duele la panza?’ she asked. Yes, mucho. Take these – 30 pesos. But the shitstorm from my ass has subsided some and I feel myself recovering from this temporary ailment. Life is for the strong and only the strong survive, but not forever. Only Jesus lives forever, and the Marine Corps.

(It was that choripan on the street, in front of La Rural, I know it. Too street, even for me.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Plain yoghurt, plain crackers or white bread and plenty of water. You'll be fine soon.

Anonymous said...

No yogurt - or dairy.

1.Toast
2.Applesauce (don't confuse with apples)
3.bananas
4.white rice