Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Bang, bang, bang...

... that's what I awoke to, the construction crew, working inside the loft, the penthouse loft in which I'm sleeping, high above the city. Billie's place. It's an awesome place with spectacular views, especially when it's not under construction.

Brush my teeth and head out onto the cold wet streets once again, officially homeless this time. Everything's different now, but I'm the same. No money, no work on the horizon, no girl, no home... but some good people here in BA that I call my friends.

Maybe Brazil, or Colombia... I'm begining to think of an exit strategy. It's time to go, or is it? Fashion week is next week, just as I'm wrapping up this huge project for RG, which has been rough, to say the least. Freezing cold rain, the snow, very little light during the day in between the city buildings and a lot of pressure to produce great images without fail. Ran out of my helicopter money, still need to go to an Estancia outside of the city... falta, pero llegando.

And then, today is different, yet again. I'm no longer homeless, found a brand spanking new studio in Palermo and moved in with... no money! A friend of a friend of Tommy's hooked me up big time. Maybe I'm the first gringo in Argentina that has ever moved into a flat with NO MONEY?! And my new landlord is an angel, divina, actress and puppet maker extrondinare. Who knows what's next, just 'walk on'...

3 comments:

G said...

Welcome to Palermo! Where are you exactly? Yes, as you probably know you'll love living here, despite all the stereotypes and raised eyebrows from Clare! Be well!

The Social Worker said...

go goyo...

Anonymous said...

The gods must love you GR.
The news in El Norte is that Olivia's, next to the train station in Salinas, has the best chiliquiles - rivaling chava's.
A.P.