Sunday, April 05, 2009

High Plains Drifter

A few random pics from the last week of non-stop action, in no particular order:

Indoor market in Riobamba where the women scream at you, begging you to try the deep-fried and greasy-good pork. This is minutes after I caught two would-be thieves rifling through my trouser pockets.

Over-the-shoulder sneak shot in the same above said market.

Waiting for 'El Tren del Nariz del Diablo' - The Train of the Devil's Nose in Alausi.

Sunday market in Alausi.

The old steam train in Riobamba, brought back to life for a film they were shooting right across the street from my hotel.

Tomorrow I'm off to explore the Volcan Chimborazo - destination: 5,000 meters (16,450'), the highest I'll have ever been.

2 comments:

Cal Santos said...

excellent shots. wish i was there......

tommyr3 said...

Eric,

I forgot to tell you that it is considered an insult to walk lamas have sex. No kidding!

TR