Sunday, April 26, 2009

Chau Miro a Manaus, Brazil!

Flew into Coca, Ecuador yesterday - middle of the Rio Napo in the heart of the Amazon. Arriving at the dock to head down river to the Yaturi Lodge, there was a Czech guy preparing to travel down the Amazon to the Manaus, Brazil. I could hardly believe my eyes when I saw his boat.


I pulled out the Lumix point and shoot and did just that. Over the past 24 hours I was able to doucment his departure in HD video. The finished piece is too large for YouTube and the slow connection here in the jungle. These are a couple of stills from the video.


We all watched as Miro finally set sail today, April 25, 2009 for his 2,000km journey to Manaus, Brazil. I hope to be able to post his story tomorrow night from Quitos. I fly to LAX on Tuesday to regroup and gear-up for Cuba and more adventure and better pictures.


These past two days made my whole trip to Ecuador so much more worthwhile and I will sleep tonight content under the steamy hot Ecuadorian jungle night.

No comments: