Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Fluid Motion

I finally stepped outside today for the first time at 7:30PM and the sky was dripping with color. Of course I didn't have my camera with me on the way to the cinema but that's not the point. But that IS the point. I came to Argentina to make photographs and I've ventured or strayed far from that goal. Sure I snap a few frames here and there and yeah, we've done some cool stuff with the trash collectors called Cartoneros but the things I see on a daily basis; the little vinegettes, the street scenes, the people, the light... the life that is Buenos Aires, that's what I'm neglecting.

So caught up with living in a foreign country that I've grown accustomed, tired, complacent and bored with pictures of my daily life. Like the buses... I LOVE the buses here, crowded, confusing and crazy-insane at times. But I don't shoot them from the inside. I'm also starting to believe the hype about how dangerous it is to walk around with my camera... "yeah, better leave it at home today, much safer," I tell myself.

And its carnival en Rio right now, Fashion week here in BA as well as the XII Tango festival and I'm in front of my computer getting pschyo emails from Samantha saying, "Hi, I'm not really Samantha that's been writing to you but a friend of her's blah blah blah..." WHAT?! I mean it's really too much at times.

But tomorrow is a new day and I've cleared all my CF cards to go back out and shoot... something, ANYTHING! Good night good luck (which I saw tonight and was just OK at best. It looked good on the big screen in B&W and all but fell short in the writing and plot. Also its critique of television and its political impact were lackluster at best. Yes it was entertaining but a bit boring as well).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is a fuckin' pschyo goyo.. you're right! we miss you so much! we love u...