Saturday, February 25, 2006

Everybody Loves Arnaud

So many changes in so little time, the biggest being that my friend and roommate Arnaud has now gone back to Europe, first to France and then back to Switzerland to finish his Telecommunication Engineering degree. No more will I be able to walk down the streets of Buenos Aires and here, "Ahh... Club Med, did you know they are a French company?" Or, "Let's go to Carefour supermarket... it's the biggest one in the world and its FRENCH!"Seriously, Arnaud has to be one of if not THE coolest french dude I've met in quite some time. With only 23 very young years, he taught me more about life, my Macintosh and the French way with woman than most. ('The more you pursue women, the less they will follow... the less you pursue, the more they will follow', or something like that.)
Arnaud also boldly stuck his neck out for me and was there on every single one of my photoshoots with the Cartoneros, helping me with everything from posing as my very first model (which included being sent downstairs to the local haircutting salon to be made up something like David Bowie from Ziggy Stardust) to helping scout locations to wrangling Cartoneros to critiquing my composition and lighting. THANKS ARNAUD, seriously. I know our paths will cross again and on behalf of myself and all of your friends here in Buenos Aires, we will miss you. GR

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

too true greg. well said.

Anonymous said...

Thanx "che"!
You don't know how much I've learnt from you...
Don't forget : take time and don't live "apurrado", you're in Argentina dude!