Monday, June 09, 2008

Flying High in Style

When MT emailed me end of day Friday I was exhausted, just wrapping up my first closed deals at work, finally. He needed to know immediately, did I want to take the open seat on Lisa's business charter flight down and back to LA on Saturday - YES or NO?? Business class IS all that, just ask anyone that has flown more than 6 hours up front on a commercial airliner. But I'd never flown on a private charter jet before.
"I'm in!!!" I quickly replied. "What kind of aircraft is it?" I added.

Our good friend Lisa Dybal is one of two on call pilots for the planes owner. She was flying down to Southern California to pick up some of the owners relatives to bring them up to the Bay Area for the day and had some space on the down and return legs.

"Dude - I am not shittin' you ... Italian turbo prop," was his answer awaiting me when I got home to pack and run out the door. Turns out that the Piaggio Avanti II is the world's fastest turbo prop business class airplane cruising at 25,000 feet above the earth at about 400 mph.


Reading Private Jet Life magazine on the flight down, Stephen Tyler of Aerosmith who is featured on the front cover, talks about his love for charter jet flying. It's contagious. I'll let the pictures speak for themselves but all I can say is - OMG!!!

2 comments:

Travelburro said...

I love the self portrait inside the plane (the one of you in the window).

If you cross your eyes a little while looking at that one of MT getting out of the plane, he looks like exotic royalty with a palm headdress on.

Was it an open bar?

Anonymous said...

nice living huh?