Friday, May 23, 2008

See - Do - Hear - Think

Things I've seen, done, heard or thought about in the past few weeks
  • Cleaned the fish bowl for my black and blue beta fish at work who's name is Rick James (thanks Metricken & Kay)
  • Ran close to three miles, three times per week for the past 3 months regularly
  • Watched the LA Lakers take down San Antonio in the final minutes in game one of some playoffs with MT
  • Finished a final cut of Los Toros Films 'One Armed Bartender' with David Fortner
  • Got my next travel photography assignment for RG - (TBA, contract pending)
  • Played four sets of tennis for the first time in more than three years up in San Rafael
  • Ate some expensive tacos at the newly remodeled El Toro taqueria en El Mision, the same El Toro @ 17th and Valencia that gave me one of my very first taco experiences in SF
  • I also ate a peanut butter and mayo sandwich - yep, you read right!
  • Edited some old FILM in the storage box archives... cutting and sleeving of old negatives (which should really be on my list of things NOT to do... but since I'm oh so nostalgic... )
  • Answered my phone more times than I made outgoing calls (today @ least)
  • Canceled last minute on a camping trip to the Modoc Lava Beds up on the Oregon border. The trip has now (un) officially been postponed due to RAIN!
  • Speaking of rain and photography, here are a couple of totally random shots from last year in Costa Rica while shooting on assignment for RG. I think it rained all but two days for the enitre 4 weeks I was there.





please note: all photographs posted above are resized copies from the original camera RAW CR2 Canon file and have had no adjustments made to them. you can see the whites are pretty hot and blown out as well as very weak contrast and flat color. most of that has to do with lighting conditions but also the need to be properly managed in Adobe Lightroom before they can be printed.

4 comments:

paul said...

greg. i'm coming to your town 4 de julio weekend for a wedding in palo alto on the 6th and i'm bringing fernet. clare can't come, but i hope you're around so we can get together for good bs.as.-inspired times.

The Mommy said...

These were good rain shots, but I loved the shot of the two girls on bikes sharing an umbrella- I still remember it. Money, baby. When can we go on an urban photo safari?

Anonymous said...

Interesting Blog and Pictures!!! Greetings from Italy and Argentina

Anonymous said...

love, love, love the colours of the second photograph - the woman in the water. It seems the most idyllic relaxing place in the world to be. i wish i was her.