Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Whoa... Back in the First World

Here at the top of humanity, life in San Francisco, the upper crust of all of human kind - the super first world - the best city in the US other than New York, which is something other than a city entirely.

Thanks to those few faithful readers out there who have been crying out for more digital scribbles on this here blog (via email) and with way too much going on in such a short amount of time I had to stop and get something up so I'll go list style as my creative Latin writing mojo is on the wane here in the only America that most North Americans know, the America of the US of A!
  • Went to traffic court to replace my lost/stolen drivers license and the judge waived the 'failure to appear' charges against my outstanding seat belt ticket. Thanks Bro!
  • Now I can't find my passport... after all of this travelling. I came here with no ID and was carrying my passport in my back pocket, just like the Lonely Planet passport campaign recommended and it must have slipped out somewhere and is... G O N E.
  • However, I received a notarized copy of my birth certificate so that I can now apply for a British passport when back in Los Angeles here in the next day or two. Hello London and the European Community!
  • After deciding that I'm going to dedicate every waking moment here on out to photography and chasing the light, I got pulled into a J O B interview here in the Bay Area this. "So... what have you got to loose?" asked the CEO this afternoon. "Basically six months to find out if its going to pay off. Another start up... hmmm.
  • Everything here is like, really expensive.
  • I am super lucky to have some of the coolest people as my closest friends - thanks.
  • I practised Tai Chi for the first time in my life (thanks Gary)... actually, that's the first martial art I've ever tried other than getting kicked in the thigh by the Fletch Monster
  • No injuries yet to speak of... (fingers crossed). And if you knew some of my friends, you'd be surprised... like the Fletch Monster, or Cal Santos when on getting it on with the Hornitos
  • Religion continues to be at the forefront of my brain after finishing Sam Harris' book 'End of Faith' and as I come back to the land of the free and the Christians and silly presidential politics and 'will Hillary win' and feel compelled to make a documentary about faith...
  • Speaking of film making and faith, check out these super silly short Los Toros Films staring yours truly.
  • Umm...
  • Oh yeah...
  • I've eaten way too many chocolate chip cookies, watched too much TV, spent way too much dinero, drank too much tequila but am happy and thankful for now.
  • Oh yeah, check this out - the new Cannonball Run!

1 comment:

tommyspace said...

1.- well..thanks god that you finally learn that about Americans and North Americans.
"...North Americans know, the America of the US of A..."
2.- Martial Arts: You've been kicked for me and i was kicked for you back in San Telmo aparment (remember?)
3.- the law about grandsons of spanish people was approved so finally im applying for it..so im not longer a person weho need a fucking visa to get into the states. No more paying 60 bucks each fucking time to be Honored lol
4.- I miss you chocolate ninja cookies, bro!
5.- Since you re gone i think im gonna buy a dog and a book about training (yeah i still remember how much benji learned in a month with you)
5.- i gettin an apartment soon. Probably not 2 debroom but it¡d be always an extra bes for you, bro.
6.- love your blog, but not always remember its here
7.- Im thinking in Costa rica or Puerto Rico next january so keep me up to date if you need digital ninja help
8.- I wanna be a surfer (wanna learn)
9.- I hate the 3rd world people
10.- Yes, i hate them
11.- tired
12.- this communication is over
13.- ...