Monday, September 10, 2007

Kickin' It in San Jose, Costa Rica

So I had to hang back in San Jose for a bit and catch up on editing and processing of over 3000 images, not even 50% of the shoot yet. Today I was craving a hamburger right around lunch time and set out away from the computer and drives looking for such. Went through the Hotel Del Rey, where all the rich, older and single Americans hang out and pick up on readily and available woman painted up and lounging around. Muy caro y aburido.

Then I bumped into Oscar who hangs mostly on the street and who showed me around a few nights ago. He needed a dollar for his first beer of the day. Then rounding the corner onto main pedestrian walkway, I see The Burger Factory and know I must go in. Pretty decent Latin American hamburger with fries and a guanaba fruit drink. After an entertainment news briefing on the television mounted up in the corner of the burger joint on the successful transition for Bow Wow from his start with Snoop in the rap world and now getting a big flash in Hollywood, Woody Allen's 'Purple Rose of Cairo' began, which I really enjoy. First time I saw that was when I was 17 and traveling in France with Brad Carpenter before our senior year of high school. I came back to the hotel and watched the rest of the movie and then took a lazy Sunday afternoon nap.

Now, as I continue to edit and process images, no where near close to being finished, having missed the Bunge Jumping tour this morning (was at the hotel lobby at 8:30AM promptly) Hank Williams wafts from the jukebox from the bar across the street called Nashville, a place where retired older American, Canadians and Australians sit around and get sloshed talking about nothing over double Johnny Walker Red label scotches. It is raining warm and steadily as lighting and thunder boom in the background, a typical afternoon during the rainy season in the tropics.

Forgot how dangerous cable TV is... after 'Purple Rose of Cairo' I caught 'Along Came Mary', most of it, which I had only seen parts of before. I found myself laughing even though its soo stupid. Ben Stiller is so good at playing a complete loser!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

greg, i think the woman reading by the coca cola sign is my favorite photo by you. the colors are amazing and i love how quiet and peaceful she looks.