Friday, June 08, 2007

Tangueros en La Boca

Cristian sent me an SMS text last week asking me if I would attend a tango performace tonight that was very important to him - at La Ideal - one of the oldest and most classic milongas or tango halls in all of Buenos Aires. I took my second terrifying tango lesson there. That's another story. Sure, I dig tango. I'll go.

I met Cristian and Jessica pictured here, through Samantha, the tanguera that I fell madly in and out of love with when I first arrived. Doesn't even matter if she's gonna be there. I'll bring a wingman, Brian, my new friend, also a film maker. I don't even have any pesos, waiting for some checks to come in. Sure I'll go.

These are pictures (uncorrected) that we shot together about a month ago while on assignment for Rough Guide travel books. I am catching up on the Digital Work Flow to begin another job for them that will run through September. Then I want to drive around the world... maybe with a dog named Cheeto, probably not Cheeto.

No comments: