Monday, April 30, 2007

Totally Experimental

Arriving in El Paso just on the brink of a huge West Texan thunderstorm, I limped my way through the airport amongst American GI's just returning from Iraq. There were also many German soldiers - something about training the American military for long range artillary.


My Dad picked me up and we headed back to base camp just across the border in New Mexico for a few days off before heading home to Buenos Aires. The big plan - to finally get to fly his Lancair ES - one of the best experimental aircrafts in the world.


Yesterday's weather was lousy but this morning, the sunshine broke through the clouds - here was our window of opportunity. BUT... due to my bum knee, the decission was made for me - Greg will not be able to fly today - just in case of an emergency. And that was it...

Maybe next time... que lastima!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

El Capitan -looking sharp!

Anonymous said...

ay Pinche Hoto.

I can't believe you were in OAKLAND and stuff, didn't even look me up. You were staying just 1 mile from me.

I'm in the same spot and all.

Que lastima!

Anonymous said...

Did you see the Johnny Deep doing the film Blow?

So here is our Narcotic Ninja ready to fly

Sure that idea crossed your mind by the time you were siting there.