Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Bloggin' from Van Kleef's - OAKTOWN

Yeah... so my mobile road warrior wireless program has been great. One of my life goals - take my show on the road - virtual office. And they server beer here!

Unfortunately, I forgot a couple of necessary cables for my photography program - lame - and have had limited time and access to my images that I've shot while on this trip to California.

BUT... thank goodness that Sarah Wheeler busted out her... point and shoot at MT's 40th birthday bash. Here are a couple for the whole world to revel in. What else on the creative front?
Well... the bartertender here at Van Kleef's is a smash hit - Jesse Quattro - a one woman Oaktown wonder (props Jessie)!
Had dinner with my ex-girlfriend Jill Krueger today at Sushi Groove in SF. I'm getting into and out of Yelp.com real quick like. Still staying on a boat in the Embarcadero Cove Marina. Still hobbling around with a cane and moving very slowly. I'm headed to San Jose, CA tomorrow for two days.

I have a crush on Jesse the bartender (always have, always will). Jerry Brown, ex-mayor of Oakland used to sit right where I'm sitting (now top cop for the state of California). Sarah Wheeler rocks! (top pic left). MT's b-day bash was a smash hit (right on Sparky and Steele).

Talking Argentina with the other bar guy (Tom)... I think he's the brother of the other cute blonde bartender Robin (nope). She's heading to South America to visit me and then marry a mate farmer. I'll send her to Paraguay
Nick Cave is doing his thing on the in-house stereo.

Photo's Captions:
  1. MT doin' his silly crazy cowboy with my 4x Stettson beaver hat. Sarah Wheeler on the left and Michelle Alexander to the right. HAAY!
  2. That's Goyo on the left, sexy-Debra in the middle and the lucious Mei Mei Han on the right.
  3. And there they are... the lucky couple. Sparky gave us her incredibly soulful rendition of Amazing Grace by Darren 'The Cool' Dentists backyard fire pit and MT (aka SUPER BLACKSICAN silently went to sleep).
Happy 40th my brother.

No comments: