Thursday, January 04, 2007

Tijuana or Bust

Despite having smashed up my camera pretty good when it hit the ground the other night, slipping off my shoulder with a good WHACK onto the hard pavement, and having apparently lost my bank card, with three months of rent due next week, I will persevere. This is the second time this has happened in perhaps twenty years - photographers aren't perfect and gear does get stolen, lost and damaged pretty easliy. Last time, more than five years ago, I only broke the flash mount which could not be repaired and ended up buying a new flash. This time the flash mount broke in the same exact place but ALSO the 17 - 40mm wide angle zoom lens that I use about 80% of the time sheered clean in half. Damn! There's a chance the lens might be repairable but this changes up the current photo program a bit.

But in the interest of keeping with the photo theme part of this blog and in order to keep it interesting, I am pushing forward in 2007. The accompanying photos are a random selection from the growing archive, now going through pictures from November of last year when I semi-permanently moved to Buenos Aires.

Now that New Years and the holidays have come and gone its time to get back to work, which includes continuing progress on the hyperlinked website above, photos, writing, blogging, planning and staying focused. (More on the Tijuana reference later).

1 comment:

JM said...

Nice jacaranda tree.