Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Tango & Cash

So I temporarily adopted a cat, for a week. I reluctantly agreed. His name is Tango and I’m Cash, just for the week. At six weeks old he’s already had it pretty rough. He was ‘rescued’ by a group of very kind and thoughtful (although at times I’m doubtful as to how thought-through they might be – I mean just head over to Parque Lezama down the street here in San Telmo and there are hundreds of cats, whether in need of rescue or not, how one knows I know not) friends and friends of friends. He’s only contagious to other cats, has ringworm – note to self, don’t put hand near face after petting little scrawny kitty - but is fine now. Isn’t he sooo cute? What could I say, especially after half an hour of saying no? OK, I finally said.

Tango likes chicken, but only gets a little bit each day. He’s also gained in strength and learned how to leap into my face while I’m lying on the couch on a cool-down break from the sweltering spring heat. He also figured out that he could jump through the small side windows that run from the ceiling to the floor next to the main door of my loft and out onto the upper balcony to begin exploring the outside world. Even though he’s still a bit skittish he relishes his bouts with the external world, on his way to being a young, healthy and confident Tabby cat and very deserving of a good home.

Tango improved so quickly that sadly, he didn’t even need to stay the week and has returned home to be with the other ‘rescued’ cats now that he is not contagious. Although I’m sorry to see him go, I just can’t make that commitment – to care for an animal - right now. I’m pretty much preoccupied on working on my ‘ole lonesome self. But I wanted to post a few pics of the little Tango for all the cat lovers out there.

No comments: