Friday, May 18, 2007

Paths of Glory for Bonnie and Clyde

After a visit to the Rossi Diagnostic Imaging Center to pick up my films and then a trip to the German Hospital here in BA to have them read, I arrived home and stepping into my flat, the handle on my cane snapped in half - by chance. The doc says that I waited too long to turn myself in to the proper medical authorities but with some jump-start PT, I have a good chance of staving off a knee operation towards some sort of recovery. "Let's take another look at you in two weeks, after your therapy," he said. "But you're always gonna remember which knee it is," he added.

So I invited myself over to my neighbor Nat's place to watch a couple of flicks. Limping down to the corner video shoppe, we picked up Kubrick's 'Paths of Glory' with Kirk Douglas and then another classic American film - 'Bonnie and Clyde'. On the way home and directly across the street from our beloved Patios del Sol, the Universidad de Cine students were setting up for a night time shoot. Ironically, both films we watched ended tragically with key players being set up by the law and then shot to death. "Why don't you teach film at the cinema school next door?" Nat suggested. I think my love affair with academia ended long ago.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Greg,

My friends blog has an interesting review of Bonnie and Clyde.

Check it out!

Edd

http://gracchii.blogspot.com/2007/01/bonnie-and-clyde_4460.html